Eeeee, I am in love with my latest project: designing a concept car for Volkswagen!!!!
Similar to the Schneider National update I posted about (see below), while I was in Florida I had a phone conference with my Volkswagen supervisor over in Germany, to give him an update on our work here in the U.S. He is sooo proud of our work, and has made several comments to me about how he is impressed by my work ethic and how motivated I am, so early in my career. "This is just what Volkswagen needs," he keeps saying.
Oooh hooo hoo!! :) :)
Anyway, Volkswagen gave us clearance on our survey, so we can now distribute it to the public!!! I am stoked, and probably going to come after some of your parents to fill it out. Just to let you all know! They're going to be part of designing a car!!! Hell, if you guys want to fill out the survey as well, let me know...just understand that your results won't be weighted as heavily as the older drivers', since they have the memory and personal stories of what it was like to drive cars in history. That is what we need. :)
We've also got to sign the working contract of confidentiality with VW, which means at this point I pretty much have to stop telling you guys specifics about what we're doing with the surveys, or what we're doing with certain things we have brainstormed. Actually, we cannot even tell our parent UWM what we're doing. We're gonna have top-secret clearance, since we are now a division of the Volkswagen R&D.
How freakin' cool and Big Shot is that?!?!? PINCH ME.
We've got to sign other forms as well, like legality forms for us students to collect royalties if any of our works gets mass-produced by VW, if we get put into an auto show, put into a magazine, interviewed for TV purposes, newspapers, etc. We basically have to cite Volkswagen's name as our boss and how we owe it all to them...which is true! I have no problem giving them the credit. Without their generous proposition, I would not be doing this thing today that only a handful of other people in this world will ever get to do. Eat your heart out, Ivy Leagues!!
I guess VW is also looking into donating a car to us, by contacting a local Volkswagen vendor dealer down here (VW is huge in southeastern WI...Ernie von Schledorn has several locations!). Eeee, fun time to play with a Volkswagen!!!!!!!!!
I swear I was made to do this. I am so happy with my current endeavors right now; they are fitting me to a T. I am feeling very fulfilled. Humbled. Gratified. Triumphant. And not quite sure who to thank first for helping me get to the top. The view from here is magnificient!!
Excitement!!!!
Okay. I'm done bragging in this post. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment