Friday, March 02, 2007

Various updates

Yes, I do recognize that I am compulsively writing in my blog today. But I have a lot to splurge with y'all!

Herein is a list of what has been keeping me busy for the past week or two:

1) I was nominated to be president of the UWM Chapter of SWE for next year. After my thorough involvement in it this year, the Vice Prez hopped up right away to ask for my presidency. Not sure how I feel about that; I mean, sure, I care a lot about SWE. But I also care a lot about this Volkswagen project (read following post), and if I had to divorce myself from one or the other, it'd be SWE at the drop of a hat.

So I've got some thinking to do.

2) It seems that all my exams are past, for this first cycle of 'midterms'. How striking, they're not really midterms, since they don't occur at the mid-point of the semester, but rather at each of the third-points of the semester....anyway, I had three exams last week, and two this week...and I feel like I rocked them all. So far, last week's scores have come in as all As, high 90s baby. (Including a 98% on my Thermodynamics test!! That class is notorious for being impossibly difficult.)

3) I'm going to the Milwaukee Auto Show tomorrow. :D :D

4) I'm thinking about getting the RAZOR RED phone through U.S. Cellular. My Audiovox is old and not real stylish...plus I'd love to buy something that matches the color of my sweetheart (my car). :)

5) I presented to the EAS Professional Seminar class on Thursday about the value of traveling abroad to Germany with Sara and Jeni. Our results were positive!! We had a Power Point all up and running, and had the kids murmuring and all excited! They asked us a lot of questions, so I am hopeful of getting a large turnout for this next year. That trip is totally worth it!

6) I toured Harley-Davidson on Capitol Drive on Wednesday with the IIE chapter of UWM. IIE stands for Institue of Industrial Engineers...although between you, me, and the fencepost, IIE might as well stand for Institute of Indian Engineers...pardon the political blow...but the whole chapter WAS from India or something! I felt sort of out-of-place. Give me a sticker to put on the middle of my forehead. :) Anyway, I walked into the front door to get greeted by the Harley employee giving us the tour, and it was Rita Murino, my SWE girl!!! She is the same girl who set us up last semester for Harley Night at the House of Harley-Davidson. Geez, everywhere I go, I know somebody. :) It's pretty neat. As was the tour!!! It reminded me a LOT of the tours I saw of Volkswagen while in Europe. Although, Harley did have some pretty KICK-ASS robots there to handle some of the heat-treating metals and pulling them out of the annealing ovens.

7) I am DONE with my Germany Design Project!!! I got my 23-page paper done, my PowerPoint done, and all of my sources alphabetized. Now, I just have to wait on the other four members of my group to get their acts together, and we can rehearse this Sunday for our final, BIG presentation to Coach House LLC and the entire construction team of the Josey Heights subdivision we are working with.


Scwhing!!

No comments: