If this is any indication to y'all of how much I've been running my tushie off every day to save the world and stay busier than your average college student, I just hit an all-time low: I fell asleep here in the public computer lab. At my computer. WHILE I was typing two e-mails. With guys sitting behind me, across from me, and one monitor to the left of me.
Whoops.
All of the prepared-ness and responsibilities really take a lot out of this lil girl, though! I'm sorry. My body is not havin' it sometimes, just trying to keep up.
P.S. I figured out that by the end of this semester I will have at least four bouquets of flowers to give out as thank-yous to people that have been so sweet and extra-caring for my wellbeing. (I don't want this semester to end!! I love it here, my Milwaukee friends are so supportive, even right after I'd have a bad day and say they were not. Shady, huh? Sorry again.)
Juli Pickering, Jennie Klumpp, Connie, and Sonja are just four of the many that I feel I owe major gratitude towards, because in one way or another these people have reached out to me and paid attention to me when no one else would, and performed a countless number of tedious favors for me, the whole while with a smile on their face! I am honored to know them and proud of them, they are some of the best coworkers I could ever have. I am impressed by their dedication and want them to know that what they do, they are good at. And it shall not be taken for granted. I couldn't wire these best-friend connections anywhere else, I feel. :)
Zach, Anthony, Jacob, Eric...they're climbing up the ranks, too, for being my new bruthas that watch my back and make sure that no one takes advantage of my innocent-small-town-girl attitude & sheer willingness to step up to volunteer for so many activities and meetings.
Sorry...this post was mostly just for me to think out loud. I am having a blast down here and really don't want to part with any of these kids (you too, Megan!!) for three months. I appreciate them so much and feel that a part of who I have become, is a bit of the mannerisms from each of them. I have a great support network here, especially in the past two days with the rape scandal by my abode. As Zach told me, "Hey, you've got FAMILY here. If you need anything, you know any one of us will come runnin'." :)
They are walking examples to me that this world isn't so full of selfish people after all.
Yaaaaay, genuine friendship!
No comments:
Post a Comment