Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Comcast buys Time Warner Cable

Today Time Warner Cable came around my apartment complex, door-to-door, campaigning for residents to open a new account with them, and upgrading their current customers on an uber-steal deal. Apparently in September, Comcast Communications is buying out Time Warner Cable (WOW there's gotta be some big bucks there), so today Time Warner went out on the mission to retain customers for the upcoming change of hands.


Anyway, Megan and I are current Time Warner customers, using Roadrunner High Speed internet and basic cable.

Well, next week Time Warner is coming through and auditing the live lines in our building, checking to make sure the service is all good. As a bonus, they are also going around and installing free demos of their digital cable and DVR set for 30 days to those units that signed up for it.

After the 30 day trial, there is the option to buy out the DVR and digital cable for your month-to-month bill. Current Time Warner customers (aka, Meggie-Poo and me) get the best deal because of their loyalty. They get to have digital cable and DVR for $95/month. Free installation. No contract. Just an indefinite time period with a glorious little machine that records allllll my 24 shows. Muahahahaha!

Normally, it is $112/mo. to do this. As it stands right now, I just paid a $90.06 bill for Meg's and my cable/internet bill. So to get something that is normally $112 for an extra $5 is pretty damn good. I think we're gonna stick with this plan and buy onto it after our free 30 days is up. :) This all gets installed Monday after I get back from Disney World next week!!


P.S.: In the process of talking to Roger, the Time Warner clerk, Megan's cat Penelope managed to lock me out of my apartment. She kept batting the apartment door trying to get out into the hallway, and slipped out a couple times. Once, she even slipped out of her collar when I tried to grab her. I ultimately kept putting her back into the apartment and closing the door more and more, until I had it blocked open merely with my big toe. The little stinker ended up swatting my big toe out of the door frame, laid her body against the door and -- click -- it snapped shut...

...With my keys, and Megan's keys, sitting peacefully inside.

I had to wait outside my not-at-home landlord's door for 45 minutes, until they did come home, to use their master key to let me back into my own damned apartment.

:)

No comments: