Just as I figured: Incubus has a Myspace page with a real player!!
www.myspace.com/incubus
There is a link there for you to stream "Dig." Try it out!! It is a great song. And now, even I can listen to it whenever I want, by visiting this page.
Especially when I get back from a gruelling 5-hour rehearsal for my closing Germany Design Project at 11:20 PM, including the wait in the subzero temperatures while the Milwaukee County Transit System bus #15 meanders its way down Oakland to pick me up AFTER I've been waiting for a half hour and keeping my eyeballs on a 360-degree watch, since the robber gang this area has been plagued by has not been caught yet and I was standing right in their territory. Overall, a very unpleasant, terrifying, frustrating experience. No one should have to go through what I just did. Honestly. All those little things, those little signs of discomfort, really add up to make you feel inhuman.
Even ask my thoroughly frozen toes and aching left thigh that hurts in the joints! I can't sit or stand right now to save myself. It is throbbing.
With these humbling years, I totally have stories of sacrifices I've made from using public transportation. After all this, I definitely do NOT take my personal vehicle and the 110% convenience-factor of it for granted. I hope none of you do, either. Hell, I've probably posted on the importance of this four other times, since I remember typing and crafting the posts.
Once I have it made, after working hard all of these years and silently swallowing said sacrifices, and have a nice house with my little VW Beetle, and anyone wants to berate me by calling me a snob or spoiled brat, I have a completely fair testimony to give and put the ignorant berater back in their place.
You are what you work for.
Oh, but "Dig" makes this bitterness all better. :)
P.S.: I still hate Myspace. Bru-ha-ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment