Monday, November 20, 2006

Thanksgiving

And all alone in my little world. :)

I am very very thankful and happy for Thanksgiving to be coming.

I've always been a happy lil girl, easily amused. I giggle and snort at the smallest of things.

One of the goals I've had with being an easy happy-punk like that, is to try to get other people to laugh and smile. I just wish they would love it about me how it is so little work to make me happy! Just like a little kid, those always make you smile...well, I am the same as one of those innocent little kids! Let me make you smile!!


Anyway, this year's Thanksgiving is one of those things that will easily amuse me. While so many other consumers and anxious kids are thinking to screw Thanksgiving and jump right to Christmas, I feel I will really cherish this Thanksgiving.

It'll be my first time home in a month and a half; and in the passing year I've come to really appreciate home and what backbone it offers me.

So it will be entirely peaceful, restful, and quiet, to just be home.

To be in my pajamas, to sit quietly with my dog, or my cat. Or out in the freezing garage, in the cockpit of the Beetle, just talking to her.

I'll probably do one of my favorite Ashley-alone-time traditions, too: late at night, when everyone else is asleep, I'll go out the back door of the house and just sit.

Just sit on the back cement step, and look out into the woods, or up through the tree tops at the murky Suamico night. And listen hard...to hear: nothing.

No city busses, no bars with drunk people, no fake church bells, no cars, no "angry bumble bee" pimped-out Hondas racing up the hill outside our apartment, no little kids yelling, no angry black people yelling wit' dir ba' gramma'. Just the silence and caress of the north woods.

Ahhhh, I love it!! I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Suamico = where the heart is.


I look forward to seeing my extended family, too! After the Summer of Nikki, I've learned to relax and just talk more when I'm around them, instead of sitting idly by, and silently laughing, wishing there was a way to show them how much I secretly appreciate them. They are like no other extended family you will ever meet. TRUST me. They are flat-out hilarious. Perverted. Caring. Dorky. Tight-knit. Traditional. Edgy. Raunchy, in a modern way. But totally, totally, loyal.

I am anxious to have Aunt Ellen greet me at her back door with my own pumpkin pie she bakes, just for me, while the other 30-some people have to share community pies. :) I am anxious this year to give to her in return, a cute basket I am thinking up in my head, of candy-cane cookies and candy canes, all on display and neatly arranged. Of course, I will bake them from scratch, as a way to show off my rising cooking skills. :)

It'll be so cool to tell them all how excited I am for Germany. For the success I'm having at school. It'll be relieving to finally find a fan club in them!


As other trickle-down reliefs, it'll be nice to have a break from each and every one of my classes, especially since labs and computer programming projects were cancelled for this week, leaving minimum things due for the Monday after Thanksgiving break.

It'll be nice to just have alone time, all to myself, at home, to reflect on my life and how crazy and mach-9 fast it is going. And to trust that since it does make complete sense to me, and I am keeping track of everything, that it is all okay if no one else ever catches up, and I go it alone. I'll still be successful, and that counts for a lot, right??

It's hard to do the talking and catch someone up to each and every pin-pointed tidbit, anyway.


Just like it's hard to make this blog-post make sense to any of you readers, because yes, I am digging for some sympathy and #1 fans to emerge, here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely hear you!! I am the same way.... well except, I would like to hear more of the city and less of the cickets... but I think I get a good combination of both. Miss you!! - amber