Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Motorcycle Licensure!! :)

After duking it out with the rather annoying NWTC administration and online setups, I succesfully got my brother, mother, and myself allllll lined up to go for our motorcycle licenses next spring!!

Bring it on, Scott!! You and me are going cruisin' together AOAP! (As often as possible. Hee hee.)

The classes filled up quickly, as I had feared; since registration was all done online & anonymously, I registered myself first, and had to pay the fee upfront since it was a noncredit course. I used my credit card.

NWTC has this rather flamboyantly GAY thing that it won't let you use the same credit card more than once, with online payments (what's it to them??? As long as they get their money, they should not bitch about it, right?).

As you may see where this is going, it came time to register my bro next, but the online dork-wad kept telling me my credit card was declined and I needed to "contact my financial institution."

I checked out WellsFargo.com and reaffirmed that I do indeed have outstanding credit and all my bills paid in full. :)



I gave up on my bro and tried to register my mom. Her online account was "temporarily exempt from any enrollment transactions."

Basically, NWTC thought her account (which she must have created years ago) was so old and inactive, that they just dumped it on her and figured she dropped out of technical college. (???)

So I ended up calling NWTC pretending to be my mom, since I was managing her account & registration for her, and got her account reinstated.

By this time, the motorcycle class I had signed up for was all filled up, leaving me to scramble to get my bro and mom in the same class together.

I managed to register my mom on the phone while I was pretending to be her, and winced as I tried to use my credit card. It was the only one I had on me.

Someone must have been looking out for us three, because it passed the use-credit-card-number-on-only-one-transaction rule, and I successfully enrolled my mom in a course two weekends after mine!

I got off the phone with NWTC, and dashed to a computer to sign up my brother. Fearing 3 strikes and I was out (with the whole credit card dealie), I called my mom, told her in a flash what was going on, and she whipped out her CC number over the phone, thus allowing me to register my brother on fresh cardholder information.

Cha-ching!!

The three of us are good to go!

The results are:

-April 13th through April 15th
Fri: 5:30 - 8:30 PM
Sat: 8 AM - 3:30 PM
Sun: 8 AM - 3:30 PM
ASHLEY'S CLASS

-April 27th through April 29th (Dad's birthday!)
Fri: 5:30 - 8:30 PM
Sat: 8 AM - 3:30 PM
Sun: 8 AM - 3:30 PM
MOM AND STEVE'S CLASS


I can feel the wind in my hair and the vibration of the throttle in my hand already. Yay!

No comments: