Dane Cook!!
One of his premiere stand-up skits is playing on Comedy Central's Friday Night Stand Up! I'm so excited; no matter how many times I've seen this or taped this or bought this on DVD, I crack up laughing like a buffoon. :)
He just got done with one of my more favorite skit, about growing up Catholic and going to church on Sundays...with no one knowing the "moves," or "snack time," and my favorite and most-personally-relatable bit, the "peace be with you" meeting time.
"You could tell when it was peace time, because the priest would say 'peace' like 5 times, rapid-fire. But the whole time, you were looking around, figuring out who's hand you were not going to shake."
So, so, so, SO true! I did that all the time when I was a kid growing up.
"You're in church, and you're like, no no, f*ck that guy!"
I remember Scott and I talking about this skit one time, and he told me he could relate to this as well. Except he told me the cutest, most-clever thing a kid could do: "I'd always bend down and purposely untie my shoes, so during peace-time I'd always spend it like I had to re-tie them."
Hee hee, awww, that is so slick! I was close to doing that myself when I was a little tyke; I remember always looking down at my shoes, glaring at them, as if they'd jump up and tell me how to look busy during that awkward "peace" time. Except girl's shoes were always dress shoes, so they didn't have laces! Argh.
Anyway, back to enjoying Dane Cook. :)
P.S.: The Tau Beta Pi initiation went very well tonight! We were treated like a bunch of kings and queens, and we ate one gourmet three-course meal! I was so stuffed, the full stomach instantaneously gave me gas. ;)
Now you all just got to know me a whole hell-of-a-lot-better! *Smirks*
Beyond that, I had to take an oath as part of my initiation, and that involved a big honor code and all these rites of passage I must carry on...one of those oaths was that I would swear to secrecy our mission and initiation ceremony...so this means I really can't tell you any more on here. Just the good meal.
:)
1 comment:
haha... i bought that routine on CD and it came with a bonus DVD!! I love that skit, or the one about the Kool Aid, naughty naughty kool-aid!!
Post a Comment