Good Lord, the north is RINGIN' again!!
Thanksgiving weekend was officially wonderful! It was everything I was secretly hoping for, with getting things done and visiting people. I had plenty of chances to reunite with my beautiful car, punked around the woods and in the yard doing country work and hangin' Christmas lights, guffawed with my extended family, did a lil Christmas shopping, got my flu shot for Germany, and did three major "Jackathons" with my immediate family for our Family Movie Nights!!! We are now on disc 3 of Season 3, of 24. I am so stuck on that show, it is a thinker and makes me want to be a badass mamba-jahamba CTU agent like the characters.
In fact, the best moment all weekend was probably when we were watching the Delta teams suit up once again, to go fight some terrorists residing in Mexico. I yelped, "Look at those AK-47s!!!"
And Dad pipes up, "Those aren't AK-47s! Those are BFGs!"
*Insert confusion here*
"Big Fuckin' Guns!" explains Dad, in all of his glee.
Eh, I guess it was one of those things where you had to be there! It was great, Dad was like one of us kids.
Anyway, a big THANK YOU to all my friends and family that helped make this big homecoming for me run seamlessly. I feel very rested and appreciative of home more than ever. It is so quiet and serene there; I feel like I own the place, but like I'm also a good mother to it because everything is so peaceful and waiting for me. There were several occasions where I'd just step outside and inhale: the air is so clean at home, it is remarkable!
I love it. All of it. Home is definitely where the heart is.
Alas, back to the city that never sleeps (only naps), where the air ain't so clean, and just about every car you see is either a rust bucket or dented all to hell. Don't get me wrong, there is only one month left of this semester and I'm not sure how I feel about that!! Geez! It is kind of bittersweet; I had a great schedule and class mix/work load this time around, I feel a bit stubborn for having to pass out of it all. Milwaukee has done me well. :)
Bedtime + Monday classes + scheduling for next semester = end of post!
No comments:
Post a Comment