Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wal-Mart

Why is it that at ANY hour you go to Wal-Mart, it is always crowded with people?? 10 AM or 10 PM, there are always people buzzing around. And yet no one wants to admit they shop there?

And also, WHY is it that the two old ladies that choose to stop and chat to gossip, ALWAYS have to choose to stop and do it in the very aisle you need to squeeze your cart down? You know who I'm talking about: there are always these ladies and their big carts that stop and lolligag to talk at a store.

They seem like they're best friends, but by God, the only time they see each other and get caught up, seems to be at Wal-Mart. (???)

They just seem so glued to each other, desperate to have finally seen one another again. They speak very animated, waving their hands and emphasizing what is going on in their lives with quite some drama.

And me? I just need some new toothpaste ladies, honestly. Just that little box right there, that reads 'CREST WITH SCOPE WHITENING.' Argh, if only I could pass through. Instead, I'll grit my teeth, go one aisle up, truck all the way down it, and swoop in from the backside.

The joys of being a grown-up and being tamed into doing your own shopping.

I officially saw the first person at Wal-Mart, too, that is sporting 'The Kate.' As in, the Kate Gosselin hairstyle:


She was recently interviewed and raved that a lot of women across America are now heading in droves to their local hair stylists, asking for her hair cut. I wasn't too sure, until I saw a woman at checkout counter #28 at Wal-Mart. Huh.....

No comments: