Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Puddle of Mudd

Zach and I drove up to Appleton on Saturday to see Puddle of Mudd after attending my family reunion.

My summer is now complete!!! I saw my favorite band. :-) :-) Zach asked me how many times now it is that I saw them, and for sure I can count five. I think my memory is mushing a time or two, though.

Tonight I set my iPod into its stereo and played the entire Puddle playlist on my iPod. I just hit 'play' and let 'er go while I worked around the apartment. I was reliving Saturday night. Mmmmm!

Two lessons from this concert:

1) You know you're at a Wisconsin venue when the concession stand is this enormous structure that looks like a barn:


2) I forget how freaky AWESOME the weather gets when you're closer to the Great Lakes. Zach and I had some insane lightning and rain storms on our drive to the concert, as well as AT the concert. We got rained on and had to run to said barn for shelter while an opening band (Everclear - remember them?) was playing.

And to think, when we left the family reunion early and had to explain to family members why we had to say good bye and take off, my aunt (who I SWEAR is a real-life version of Pheobe from Friends) pulled away from hugging me and looked me straight in the eye, quite seriously. I had told her I was going to see Puddle of Mudd.

She blankly asked, "Doesn't it have to rain first???"

... ... ... ...oh, man!!

Well Aunt Beth, it sure did - although it added to the whole rockstar feel at the concert, standing there staring at this outdoor stage, and then looking over your shoulder and seeing pink lightning rip across the sky. You could feel something catch in your chest every time the lightning bolts would strike the ground and hold for a second, surging electricity into the soil.

The stage and POM (Puddle of Mudd)!!

Yeah, the storms certainly made this concert one of my more memorable ones. No meeting the lead singer this time, though. :( It quickly turned into a mud-fest in the grassy viewing area, and as Puddle was closing their encore, a second surge of storms crept in on us, so we headed for the dry safety of Zach's truck, and went home for the night.

The band played all their classics - just ask Zach! I could call out the songs within the third guitar strum. I was surprised that they didn't play anything from this new album they're allegedly in the midst of recording, though. Heck, the lead singer didn't even mention it at all that they WERE recording. I'm still on high alert for a release date, regardless. And although I'm proudly not a member of Myspace, I know where to go to look them up. :-) :-) :-)

Thank you to Zach for letting me fly into town and drag us all over the state in two days. You are SO patient with me. I had fun, and I thrive off of busying myself. :-P I hope you enjoyed the concert too - I still secretly feel so sheepish that you had to get rained on. Soaked, really. :(

I know when I went to my first Puddle concert, I was spellbound for DAYS afterward. I looked up everything I could on the band, I daydreamed what it would be like to meet them, I played their songs over and over and OVER again. I couldn't get them out of my head. (Amber, I know you're thinking I was the SAME WAY for the Backstreet Boys - oh LORD! And I never even saw them in concert!)

Anyway, to some extent, that spell continues to come back, each time you see them in concert. :-) Anyone else experience that with their favorite band??




The end to a great concert! So glad I made the trek to it.

No comments: