Either I'm getting older, or more stressed out lately, because I noticed tonight that whenever I get REALLY hot and bothered about something, I get this big ol' purple vein to pop out at the center of my forehead, winding down and finally thinning out between my eyebrows. We're talking steam rolling from the ears, holding my breath, swallowing back a shout, and getting as red-faced as a little elf, hot and bothered about something.
Yikes!
I want to give solemn kudos to the TV show Friends, though. After a long stressful day, I notice I naturally gravitate towards pulling out your reruns and quietly sitting on the couch all by myself, watching your shows and giggling. It's one of my favorite, most effective ways to wind down, even though all the episodes now ARE really just reruns. :-)
Heck, even today, I had so stressful and nonstop of a day, that I chose to go to bed on my couch, just so I could watch some Friends DVDs. I needed the show that badly. (FYI: my living room is the only place where I have a DVD player. My bedroom has this itty bitty TV that still uses - believe it or not - a VHS player!)
Friends got me through my summer in Mississippi. The nights I felt alone, or too far away from home - I'd pull out my case of Friends and curl up, flick on the TV, and dive back into a world of warm fuzzy memories. I loved it, and I felt bolstered. It's a coping skill I use again in this day, being alone and far away from home.
This show will always provide a pillar of strength for me that not many will understand. It will take me back to that summer in Mississippi I had all by myself, and some of the memories I will only ever have, with myself. And yes, this may all sound like rubbish - it IS only a TV show offering all of this for me, after all!
Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks. What a well written show. Never gets old, never gets re-run to me. Thanks for always being there for me and reminding me of what I have already done with my life, and what I am still capable of doing.
Bloody veins in my forehead and all. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment