Monday, August 03, 2009

Allen Family Reunion

In 1994 we called it 'Allenstock.'

It's my dad's annual family reunion! (Last name = Allen.)

I have the t-shirt to prove that we called it Allenstock - we had them made for the reunion that year, '94. The back of the shirt is plain white, except for the infamous line that reads, "Stop it Lutie, you're scaring me."

Yes. I'm actually wearing it all this week - as ratty, thin, yellowed, and oversized for me as it is. I think it was my dad's shirt at one time but I was so fond of it that I swiped it from him when he threatened to donate it to Goodwill like 10 years ago. This week, I'm wearing it as a pajama shirt to amp up for the annual reunion, which happens this weekend. YAY!

.....you know, sometimes the homeliest, most-worn shirts like this make the best PJ shirts, anyway.... :-)

No comments: