I received an email today from a person that stated they flat out no longer wanted to be friends with me anymore. They told me good bye and everything!
Huh?????
I'm not sure how I feel, honestly. I'm bewildered, that's for sure. It's one thing to break off an all-out relationship, as in, dating. (I have a WHOLE other set of opinions on this topic, worthy of another blog post.) I just...have never had someone deliberately turn down my friendship before..........it's an odd feeling, right?
I don't know how to take it? I'm not hurt. Maybe a little offended. But the most, I am confused. Can you really ever 'break up' a friendship? Life is circular - at some point we'll hear about one another. I'll find out they married and I'll still want to wish them congratulations. We might pass one another on the sidewalk (if I ever move back to Green Bay, that is), and I'd still address them and say hi. If I saw a picture of their cute new puppy on Facebook, I'd comment on it.
So how do you cold-cut, cut it off like this?? I'm stumped. And speechless. I'm also a little entertained - I want to see how they plan to pull this off and live a life by shutting themselves off like this?
Besides, I don't think I am that repulsive, to want to wash your hands clean of me?? I mean, I have said some not-so-nice things in the past that I do regret, and I've been shamefully immature - but haven't we all been there at one point or another?? I also try to be supportive, I always ask others all about their lives...so then why is this email leaving me to second-guess the impressions I've left on any and every person?
It's the same paranoia you might feel once you exit a room, and wonder if everyone still in that room will immediately melt into a huddle and yap about you. Eeep!
Top it all off: I totally just clocked my knee square on its cap, on the corner of my wall in my apartment while sitting down to write this. Bugger! That's gonna bruise like a peach.
No comments:
Post a Comment