Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Pumpkin Seeds

DRY ROASTED pumpkin seeds.



They're my new-found addiction!!!!

I used to eat them when I was a little girl, during the fall when I'd carve pumpkins with my babysitter or cousins or something. We'd pull out and weed away the seeds from the guts of the pumpkin. Pull off all the soft tissues. Pop them in the oven, crisp 'em up, and ENJOY. Just a hint of a salty taste, and oh so succulent.

It was a rare treat that I had only maybe twice or three times as a little girl. I don't even think my parents knew I ate pumpkin seeds.

Fastforward about...15?...years later, to last night when I went grocery shopping. I was cruisin' down the organic foods aisle (a first for me), and the corner of my eye caught the seeds stand. I don't know why; maybe it was fate.

My eyes landed on a cute little sack of dry roasted pumpkin seeds.

I felt my heart flitter up into the back of my throat while memories from my childhood flooded my mind. I smiled and breathed, "Oooooooh!" I snapped up the bag and took it home with me.

After one taste-test later in the night, I was HOOKED.

Too bad the serving size is only 1/4 cup. :( :( :( They're DELICIOUS, just as delicious as I remember them!

I'm not crazy or turning into some bizarre left-field California health freak. I just have a soft spot for quick, easy, pop-a-handful-in-your-mouth snacks like the rest of us. :-)

No comments: