I had an interview on Friday with Schneider National for a summer engineering internship.
Today, Monday, while I was in Dynamics class, they called me to leave me a vague friendly voicemail: "Hi Ashley, this is Brandi, can you give me a call back when you have a chance? Thanks! The number is 920.592.XXXX" (Just so you all can't call her now. :) )
Well, I happened to get this voicemail after I handed in my quiz and stepped out into the hallway to give it an emergent listen. Normally I just stay seated in class and let the voicemail wait, but I recognized the number on this one. I was miffed that I missed her call! So, I tried to call her back.
I got her voicemail, and left her a return voicemail explaining that I was in class, but she should feel free to call me back and I'd step out to tend to her.
Feeling a bit defeated with my timing, I went back into the Dynamics classroom to try to concentrate on the review for our exam on Wednesday.
Naturally, I could not, because I was sitting on pins and needles, waiting for my phone to light up with an incoming call.
Herein is where Jacob, my Jim Halpert, came into play.
He and I mocked the reasons as to WHY we are indeed engineering majors, and not stinking Journalism & Mass Communication majors, with having to type and be politically correct all the time.
We started typing messages to each other in the text editor of my TI-89 since we were bored with the class.
Here is the conversation. Note: all text and punctuation is in its original condition:
(Me) "i wish schneider would call me back! my kidneys are killing me! i got all nervous and now i have to poop. :)"
(Jacob) "ur kidneys have nothing to do with poop but i feel ur pain i got a little gas ma self"
(Me) "seriously?! i thought your kidneys helped filter crud from your system so you can "excrete" it. or maybe that is just piss. and since when do hot pockets give you the pooters?"
Hee hee, he read the calculator and just shook his head; he whispered that he had nothing to say at that point. He always eats a ham and cheese Hot Pocket for lunch, though, while we're up in EMS 371, working on homework with the rest of the crew.
Muahahaha, this conversation helped pass at least five minutes of class!
Oh, and by the way::: Schneider called me back this evening at 4:30 PM. I WAS OFFERED THE INTERNSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :) 1.800.44.PRIDE, kids!!!!
1 comment:
Congratulations Ashley!
Post a Comment