Okay, two posts in a row about music and listening to the radio.....this is the first one.
If I hear Green Day's "21 Guns" on the radio one more time, I'm using my iPod as my only music-listening source, for one whole week. Green Day is always one of THE most over-played bands on the radio.
You should know that I hate the Dave Matthews Band. I am just not a fan. "Hi! My name is Dave and I'm going to name a band after myself and garner this huge cult following from wayward, bumbling teens and washed up 20-somethings."
But you should also know that above that, I actually HATE Green Day. To me, all of their songs sound the same - and they are whiney to me. Not music.
If either of these bands come on the radio, I will guaranteed flick the station to a different channel. Thanks.
-------
To offset the bad taste that is now foaming in my mouth from having to think about these bands, I must commend (and help advertise) the band Shinedown. Their latest CD, The Sound of Madness, has several very strong songs on it. I snapped it up when it was first released, and listened to the freaking CRAP out of it! It helped me through my last semester of college. I even took the CD to Ohio with me during my interviews and preliminary trips here, to listen to it in my rental cars.
The one song that absolutely took the words right out my mouth, though, was the single "If You Only Knew."
I love love love loved that song, and for personal reasons, those lyrics will always mean a lot to me and who I think of when I hear them. :-)
So, hot diggity-diggity!! As of this week, the song has been released to FM radio as Shinedown's latest single! YAY! Now it can get some press and recognition.
I give it a nod of approval.
No comments:
Post a Comment