I finally got my Rainy Day wish.
The rain clouds rolled in last night, and drooped over the Ohio countryside all day today. The grasses and trees are soaking it all up, saying "ooooh" and "aaaah"!
I used this afternoon to break out my book, light up my recently-purchased fall-scented candle, and curl up in my chair with a blanket...
Soon it will be dark outside by 4:30 PM, we'll all get to start wearing nice thick sweaters, and our days will end by curling up under blankets on our couches, to take naps. Hearty holidays and meals will abound. Kitchens will smell like feasts, traditional seasonal movies will come on all the TV channels, and everyone will stay inside, laying low with the ones they love.
Yes, although I will miss the cheery personality of summer, I am secretly OK with the arrival of the fall season and all of her mystique.
No comments:
Post a Comment