I totally just got an inside track to Volkswagen of America.
You see, ever since last year, I have been casually keeping in touch with Pamela Kendall, the HR employee (actually, college intern) from Volkswagen that interviewed me for my Service Process and Technology Internship.
I think we are actually becoming friends now??
She e-mailed me today to tell me about a Writing for HRD majors class that she is in, and how her assignment for next week is to draft a letter of recommendation for someone she knows or has worked with.
And guess what?????
She wants to write about me!!!!!!!!
She e-mailed me, asking permission, and I promptly e-mailed her back, granting it and providing information for her. (Resume, paragraph about my pilgrimage to the Mothership in Wolfsburg, Germany, etc.)
She has offered to let me have a copy of the letter for my own use, to help when I apply in the future to Volkswagen.
HELL YEAH!!! How awesome is that?? A letter of rec FROM Volkswagen, TO Volkswagen?? I feel honored!
I am stoked. :) Actually, I ended my reply-email to her with the sentence "You've got me walking around like I slept with a hanger in my mouth, I'm all smiles." And it is true!
No comments:
Post a Comment