I just got out of my German final exam, and it was the easiest 2-credit course final exam that I will ever ever take!!!
I think we'll even find out today how we did on it, but I am pretty sure I whooped it. It was 5 pages long, with a lot of answer-the-question, fill-in-the-blank, and short answer.
Some of the sections were just copy/pasted from the worksheets we did in class, so that was nice.
Anyway, it is starting to get sad around here now!!! It is sinking in that we are all leaving...about 75% of the crew is tomorrow....and I am walking around feeling a bit numb as to why three weeks has to go by so fast!!
AND, to believe, I'll be flying in direct to Chicago O'Hare on Sunday night, getting into my dad's pickup truck to drive north two hours to Big City #2, Milwaukee, to unpack, collapse into bed, and start a WHOLE NEW SEMESTER on Monday morning.
It will be surreal, sitting in those lecture halls, picking up the syllabuses (syllabi? I've never known what the plural was) and thinking to myself how just 24 hours ago I was on the other side of the world living a dream. And no one else sitting around me will be able to relate whatsoever.
Pinch me!
The closing ceremonies: I just got done doing an online course-evaluation survey, and at noon (basically 45 minutes from now) the whole group has to meet up to take some farewell pictures.
Then, we have the afternoon off, and at 6:30 tonight we have to meet back up, all dressed up, for our banquet/talent show/certification ceremony. It sounds like it will be quite the deal, and a late night. Jeremy, one of the students from Australia, is doing a fire-breathing skit, so that will be a thrill to see.
Even my host parents found out about it, since it made the city newspaper. Wah!
And then, we move on to our finalized plans for the weekend. The plans were changing every five minutes: we were going to Frankfurt, then we were not. Oh, but then we were. Wait, wait...maybe not.
Alas, we are going to Frankfurt to spend the day there, so we'll see how it goes. As Colin's comment mentioned, as well as my buddies and I here, Frankfurt is a cold, steel city...not much to see but industrial parks. However, on the outskirts there are some old farmhouses and churches and traditional little villages to see.
I am so excited, those little villages make me feel like it is Christmas time all over again, and they cause me to dream. They are so cozy and innocent, it gives me lots of hope.
Anyway, we'll go from Homburg to Frankfurt on Saturday night, just to spend the night and get up and go on Sunday...Sara's and my flight leaves at 2 PM Germany time, so it is all shakin' down fast!!!
I will miss Volkswagen land, :(
*Sniffles*
No comments:
Post a Comment