Monday, January 08, 2007

Ich liebe Deustchland

Hookay, so the last post was getting really long, and I am already a bit disappointed because I know 7/8ths of you readers are not going to take the time to sit down and read about it.

But, I wanted to keep right on typing, because I didn't want to end my purge of blog-posting with the morbid visit to Dachau. You know I will tell you all so much more about it when I see you in person, and can show you all of the pictures I took of the place.

Not just that place, but the entire city. It has so much history!! It is all so fascinating, I just hope that you all will share the same enthusiasm as me when I return.

Anyway, we finished off our weekend in Munich by visiting the Olymipaplatz, like I previously mentioned! We didn't get to go inside of the "platz," or park, because a whole village was built up around this place, and we popped up from the subway in the village, about 1 mile away from the actual athletic facilities. However, we took some pictures of the huge tent-looking thing with all of its pillars, and probably walked right through the village grounds where the 1972 Olympics Massacre occurred.

It had starting raining by this point, it was getting dark out, and bitterly cold. So, we left the park, walked out of the grand exit gates, and looked up, only to see:

THE BMW GLOBAL CORPORATE OFFICE on the horizon!!!!!

IT WAS HUGE!!!

The whole thing just had its arms around the sky, boasting at something like 25 stories tall. It was shaped like a four-leaf clover, with silver beam-arm looking things on its rooftop, with the BMW logo lit up on it.

Apparently when you fly over it, its aerial view is set up so that it looks like the cylinder of a vehicle. How slick!!!


Jeni and GPS Man Steve got some pictures of me with it, since my camera batteries had died (again), but those will have to wait until I get back and I can swap pictures with all of them, to upload them and post them!! I am so excited!!!!

Porsche, Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen...but I did not expect to see much of BMW's grounds!! I mean sure, their cars are everywhere and these are some of the richest streets a car Goddess will ever drool on again (be jealous, Scott!!!!!!).

Here is a random Google image, just to hold you over until I can show you mine:




I am honored. Just flat-out honored and blessed to have this trip come together for me so well. It is so neat how things work themselves out sometimes. I really really really REALLY wanted to make it to Munich, so badly that I was threatening to handcuff myself to something in Germany, refusing to leave untl I got to see that city. I am so humbled and pleased that I got to go. And I am pleasantly surprised that I made my pilgrimage to BMW as well!!

(The rest of the weekend in Munich finished up without a hitch: we went from BMW to the subway, to get to the train station and headed back to Kassel for the night. I got back at about 9:30 PM. Although I hadn't showered at all that day and slept for crap all weekend, I looked like I still managed to sleep with a hanger in my mouth, because of the huge grin that no one could wipe off of my face.)

So far, this trip has fulfilled all of my dreams, that I've had for so long that no one probably even knows about them because I keep a lot to myself.



:) I am one happy camper. This is a beautiful country, offering so many things. I said it before and I'll say it again: I am matched exactly to this country!!! This is DEFINITELY one trip I'll never forget, and DEFINITELY proves to me it is worth stepping outside of the United States.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ash, I could tell you that you were meant for this country since I've known you... you better take good pics for me, as I said before, I need some good ones of Germany for my Europe wall that I am building in anticipation for my eventual visit to Italy and Spain... and I totally think we should go to Spain together!!!

Amber

Anonymous said...

Ash..it sounds so beautiful there. We are so glad that you are enjoying it so much.

Chrystal & Brad