Thursday, January 25, 2007

Note to Self

I spent $346.11 on textbooks at the beginning of this semester.

Please look this up in your blog archives at the end of the semester in May, to compare how much money you might hopefully somehow luckily wish-upon-a-star get back from the "generous" UWM Bookstore.

This is a test to see how beneficial it is to buy your books from third-party sellers via Amazon.com, instead of the monopoly at the UWM Bookstore.






I honestly didn't know where else to put this for a whole semester. I originally had it in my e-mail inbox, but as I knew it would, it bugged me too much to have this e-mail sitting there for the next four months. I like to have as clean and empty of an e-mail inbox as possible.

Hence, it ended up on this webpage. :)

3 comments:

Scott said...

College bookstores are a complete ripoff. They charge you an arm and a leg for the book in the first place, give you a finger back when you sell it back to them, and then they go ahead and charge the next guy an arm and a leg. I've moved my business to Amazon.com and Half.com

Ashley said...

I couldn't agree more, Scott.

I do not support the college bookstores at all anymore. The books I bought this semester were all from Amazon.com. This is the second semester now where I've been buying from the company, and I am very satisfied.

I am about to try selling my old books via Amazon.com as well. Have you tried that yet? If so, were you successful, or did you sit with an item up for sale for a long time?

Anonymous said...

nice to know that the books are still a rip off. They were when I was in college too...Chrystal