THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
T'was the night before Christmas, and all around the house,
Not a Beetle was running, t'was quiet as a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
in hopes that Bug Claus soon would be there.
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
while visions of Beetles dance in their wee heads.
And Mama in flannel, and I in mine too,
thought a cross-country caravan to Roswell, a neat thing to do.
When out on the lawn arose such a clatter,
like sounds of a bad engine; you know how they clatter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
I loosened the locks and threw open the sash.
And what to my wondering eyes did appear?
But a beautiful Volkswagen Beetle, one of the newer years.
With a little old driver so pudgy and round,
that I knew in a moment, Bug Claus I'd found.
And pulling the Beetle through the snow and the cold,
was a large group of Beetles, so proud and so bold.
More rapid than turbos, they strained as they came,
as he yelled and he screamed and he called them by name.
Now Blue Lagoon, Reflex Silver, Cyber Green, and Harvest Moon Beige,
On Salsa Red, On Beautiful Black, On Sunflower Yellow, and Platinum Grey.
To the top of the carport, to the top of the wall,
drive away, drive away, drive away all.
So up to the rooftop this convoy then flew,
All the Beetles full of car parts, and VW presents, too!
As I drew in my head and was turning around,
from the chimney, Bug Claus came out with a bound.
He was dressed as a mechanic, from his head to his foot,
and he reeked of old motor oil and ashes and soot.
A huge bunch of car parts he had stuffed in his sack,
marked TDI and Turbo.......I was taken aback!
His face was all wrinkled, his eyes so dejected,
like he'd been told his repairs were more than expected.
His feet all covered with oil, was constantly dripping,
all over my carpet where he had been tripping.
He was rotund and jolly, a competent mech,
but my room now was filthy, a horrible wreck.
He spoke not a word, but bent straight to work,
with his butt-crack all showing, like some plumber, the jerk!
Then putting his finger aside of his nose,
with a wink and a nod, up the chimney he rose.
He sprang to his Beetle, fixed his seatbelt, and started,
Then hit the ignition, and up they all parted.
But I heard him exclaim ere he drove round the side,
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL, A GOOD RIDE!
1 comment:
oh ash, you are such a nut!!!!
Post a Comment