Thursday, December 28, 2006

Host Family

I found out some more information from my host family!!! I corresponded with them via e-mail, and here are the respsonses I have gotten!! They speak fairly proper English, with appropriate punctuation and grammar and everything. I am impressed!!


12/23/2006:
Dear Ashley,

sorry for being so late in answering to your very kind mail- unfortunately we had some problems with our mail-account.

We already learned so many things about you, all very interesting and exciting, thank you so much for leting us taking a bit part of your life...

Today we are a bit busy with our christmas prepartions, sorry for that.

We wil send you some more details about us as soon as possible...



Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and all the best for the new Year!!

Looking forward to meeting you soon!

Best wishes,

Mary and Günter Meetz






12/27/2006:
Dear Ashley,

we hope you had a real nice Christmas time.

We passed the days with almost all our family, besides our son who lives in nothern Itlay.

We have two daughters, one is living at Kassel and the other daughter is living at Frankfurt.

Both are married but just our daugther at Kassel has two children already grown up.

We are an elder couple living close to the city center.

For the new years eve we are planning to pay a visit to our friends but we will be back by early afternoon the first of january.

Could you please let us know if this would be ok with you and do you already have your time of arrival ?

We wish you a nice trip and a very ecxiting start into 2007!

All the best

Mary + Günter Meetz




So it sounds like they are about the same age as my grandparents, which is nice. They seem to be very sweet, accepting people. I e-mailed them back already with a response, asking them more about their home and what they expect of me (bring my own bedsheets, if they want me to cook and clean, what sort of house rules they have), and what their home is like. If it was an apartment, a big house, a small house.

I will keep you all posted as best as I can!! Now that I am within days of leaving, everything is coming crashing down and I have to tie it all together, rather than sitting at my computer. :)

No comments: