Hello everyone!!
After a surprisingly long hiatus, I have fired up my laptop and decided to post an update here.
I leave in four days!!!!!!
I started packing up a week ago; I have everything coordinated into two very compact suitcases, each with wheels. They are made of thick black material, so pickpocketers will have a hard time cutting through them with knives. They'd pretty much have to saw through the suitcases, of which I'd detect and whirl around on them, to kick some major American Girl ass. :)
I have my passport. My insurance information. This even includes finances for my family to have my coffin + body flown back to the United States if anything were to happen to me while I am in Europe. I have my GSM cell phone + activated SIM card. I have my flight intinerary. Copies of my flight itinerary. Copies of my American driver's license, UWM ID card, and passport.
I borrowed my grandma's money belt and gas-powered curling iron. (Yes, you read that right. It has a little baby baby motor about the size of my fingernail that runs off of a cylinder cartridge filled with gas.) I also borrowed a book from her to read, called The Kite Runner. I borrowed some wall outlet converters from her, too, since the wall plug-ins in Europe have different mouths than the ones here in the States.
My grandma was an avid traveler. She hooked me up. :)
I have a meeting place with Sara all coordinated for the O'Hare airport. I reviewed the maps of the terminal I must go to.
I have long underwear, knee-high socks, new thick gloves, and sweatshirts, all to wear and keep me warm while walking around outdoors in Germany. (Thank you, Christmas gifts!!!)
I also have a 1 GB flashdrive to store any computer info on (since I am not bringing my laptop with me), a 1 GB CF memory card, and a new battery for my digital camera.
And now that final exams are past, grades are all in, and Christmas is over and done with, I am ready to ring in my new year by flying in an airplane to my destination!!!!
1 comment:
Well gee ash, are you prepared?? haha... HAVE A FREAKIN' BLAST IN GERMANY!!! - amber
Post a Comment