Thursday, December 14, 2006

Fighting Corporate America

What's with my dream companies not having their act together and not recruiting for summer interns, yet??

I ended up getting an offer from Kohler, one business day after that phone interview...but...I don't want to put my eggs all in one basket...so, I have been checking Schneider's job postings and VW's job postings every hour, on the hour. I mean, I had been checking each company at least once a day, every day, in the past...but now, I upped the ante.

I've seen nothing new, along the lines of college recruitment.

I've even e-mailed several internal contacts of mine @ Schneider, as well as my old contact at Volkswagen...and while they are all uber-excited to hear from me, they sort of drop the ball when it comes to looking into things for me so I can get a head-start on the interviewing process.

It's real frustrating.

Especially when I think back to every single summer vacation I've had during my summer years, and how so far every one has been shit-canned as far as working for an official engineering company and earning official engineering experience...I've been a good girl with looking early and courting companies, but I have just been striking out or having bad luck with companies, that the best I get is coming home from college, unemployed, and in the first week of summer break, scrambling to get a job as a lowly temp-agent.

Grrrrrr, please pull through for me, VW and Schneider. I love you so much, and would be floored to serve either of your companies. You don't even know...out of all the companies out there, it is hard to cause me to do a double-take, or stop my heart. But, Volkswagen and Schneider do. And who doesn't want an employee as loyal as that?!



Megan has reminded me that there is an hour-long episode of "The Office" on tonight, so perhaps that will pull the gruffy mood off of me.

Unless anyone else has any advice???

No comments: