Thursday, October 26, 2006

I made muffins!

I successfully made chocolate chip muffins from scratch last night!!



And they were perfect!! Not peaked with smooth tops, indicating that the batter was overmixed, and not dry with rough-looking tops, suggesting that too much flour was used, the oven was too hot, or the muffins were baked too long. :)

Annnnd another view from the side:


With a little bit of Megan's cat, Penelope, in the background, helping me size things up. (Note: no cat hair was involved in the making or preparing of these precious muffins.)

Call me ditzy, but I am proud!! *Insert beaming smile here* I didn't start the kitchen on fire, burn anything, or scorch my boobs with flour. Sure, my skills and charm often resemble Susan Mayers from Desperate Housewives, but I'm getting there!

Check out this pizza I made about four weeks ago!!!! FROM SCRATCH:



Ha ha, YES! My pact with Megan is working wonders: we have this deal that every Saturday I have to try to cook something new. It all started when my grandma bought me a cookbook for my birthday in September. I choose a new recipe out of that book, every Saturday, and cook it up. Well, I love this whole housewife thing so much, that I've been trying to cook new things during the weekdays, too. Hence my baking muffins on a Wednesday night. :)

Yeayuh! I'm going to take fantastic care of my family!! Any way to show little bits of love...I'ma be a woman that can cook!

No comments: