Yesterday I turned in my confirmation letter, consent to use financial aid, and $500 down-payment. :) So I should be good to go for them to officially register me up for the class at Kassel University, so that the 3 credits counts towards my degree back here. Yayayayayay!
I also called up Sara, my traveling buddy, and left a voicemail to set up a time this weekend with her to buy airline tickets, so we can fly together. My parents are pushing hard core for us to buy the tix as a fake couple, so that we are guaranteed to always be together, but I don't know. I've been looking around on expedia.com and you can so much as pick your freakin' seat in the actual airplane you will be taking that very day, for the trip. So we can pick our seats to be right next to each other, it's neat! The last time I looked, I found a round-trip ticket for $491.44; to GERMANY!! Golly, three weeks ago it cost my mom about $300 a seat, to fly from Green Bay down to Houston, for a trip to her company's corporate headquarters. I'm thinking I am getting a pretty damn good steal; Germany is on the other side of the world!! It seems as if prices have jumped, though, because now the cheapest I can get are around $525. Poo, I hope Sara can sit down with me and book these, perhaps tomorrow. I can look around at other sites yet, too.
Yes...yes, that sounds good: I do still plan to shop around at other student-travel discount sites, even though Expedia is pretty cool. You start out by opting for either one way or round-trip travel, entering your departure days and arrival days, as well as respective locations. Then Expedia will list your results in any data sort you prefer: price, flight duration, airline, arrival times, departure times, one-way flights, or round trips. Each result returns all the flights, starting with the cheapest and going to the most expensive. Each result has the airline provided, the duration time, the departure time from the U.S., over to the arrival time in Europe, the flight number, everything. There is a hyperlink to choose your seat availability, in all planes, even if you need to make a connecting flight.
In my case, I do need to, since I fly from MKE Mitchell International Airport to Detroit, and direct from Detroit to Frankfurt, Germany. Take a look at my results:

Eeeeee, I am so excited!!! It will be my first time in Detroit, and that airport is HUGE! I mean, so large that I will probably use my entire typical 3-hour layover just trying to get from one side to the other. I am tickled to see it and try it out, just to sit back and gawk at the hundreds of thousands of people coming in from somewhere exotic, and going out to somewhere else exotic. And also praying to the Lord Jesus Christ the whole time that none of them are flight hijackers or terrorist bombers.
Call me determined, but I was actually kind of hoping to use those 3 hours to get out to the suburbs of Detroit to see a couple car places, namely Auburn Hills, just to see Volkswagen and what I'll be getting myself into while I am out there someday.
However, my search results have been returning anywhere from a 10-hour, 40-minute flight, all the way up to a 20 hour, 15 minute flight. I'd have more sense to take a nap, because I already feel the jet-lag, wowza!
I'll keep you posted, of course. :)
1 comment:
dude ashley, airline tickets get more expensive as each day passes as you get closer to the take-off date. Get your ticket as soon as possible to get the best price!
-jared
Post a Comment