Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back online - for a Makeover!

Same ol' blog, just a different look. I went with a very loose 'fire' theme this time, sourced from my nickname of "Ashes" that my UW-Mil buddies derived for me.

I hope the changes I've made here suit some of my more critical readers.

I'm baaaaaack! Just galloped up the driveway in Suamico! It feels so weird to be here, whoa. I single-handedly drove across the country, hauling Joe in the passenger seat and my entire life's belongings in the backseat of da Beetle. Trust me, it was quite a comical sight to see, but I swear that little car can do everything! I've driven her back and forth to Milwaukee, for several years in a row I've hauled a Beetle full of boys up to Michigan Tech to visit Trusko (and STILL kicked the pants off of all those big 4WD pickups up there!), and now I've driven her to the southern coast and back. And she's still alive and kickin'. :)

It was hard to leave. I officially cracked up and fought back tears when it came time to say good bye to James, the infamous alligator wrestler man that helped me out so much in my days tooling around Nissan's Lab II garage.

Overall, my last day of work was nice and full of promises. Let's just say I've got my parent's mailbox all staked out from here until October. :)

More to come later....I gotta go pass out after two days of driving. I close my eyes and all I see are dotted white lines and pavement!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashes... I've been calling you that since high school... I am reclaiming credit! - amber