Saturday, August 09, 2008

That's what you get...

We were performing two retrofits on the Altima this weekend, so to "teach" us and supervise us, Nissan sent two engineers from our Detroit Technical Center office to our Mississippi location. One guy was very quiet, but the other one was this short, wiggly guy that I SWEAR must shave his legs - he ain't got more than peach fuzzies on those calves! (Breaking dress code by wearing shorts, too.)

Anyway, this wiggly guy pretty much got on everyone's nerves here in our Mississippi clan. He just acted like a total Hot Shot and would get on his soap box whenever there'd even be a sliver of an opening to do so.

Well last night at like 9 PM, he and I finally crossed paths in a group of people at Lab II, and he loudly made a point to introduce himself and follow me around a bit.

This continued today, Saturday. He was trying to act all macho, and I was trying to figure out if he was finding a way to, uh, keep in touch with me after being shipped back to his gopher hole in Detroit.

We gave Mr. Hot Shot one of our fleet vehicles to use for the weekend while he stayed here, and today he had it parked in our garage.
An example of the fleet vehicle we lent to Hot Shot for the weekend.

After making enough comments that eventually everyone in our clan rolled their eyes at one point or another, he skated over to the fleet vehicle (a decked out crew cab Pro-4X) and hopped up into it and made a scene about slamming the door and starting our truck up. He backed it out of its stall, and since our garage was empty from cleaning it out, he decided to cut across a few stalls.

Only, he forgot that we have in-ground floor lifts installed, and when not in use, are lowered down to rest on the garage floor.
An example of in-ground car lifts.

He drove right over the top of the lift's steel feet (the yellow part of the picture). Or at least he tried to, but couldn't even get the front wheels over the top of it and jammed them into the lift itself. STILL not knowing that he wasn't gonna go anywhere, he thought he could pop it into 4x4 and once again, drive over the top of this floor lift.

Nope.

He ended up just revving the truck into the steel lift even harder. One second later, the tire blew out. It made a gross whooshing noise, so everyone in the garage stopped to turn and lock their eyes on squirmy Hot Shot making a mistake.

I know I've worked a lot with Bryan this summer, but I swear this was THE hardest I've heard him laugh since I started here. :) :) :)

Hot Shot got out of our truck, all embarrassed, and sat back while Bryan and I changed the bad tire to the spare.

Hot Shot didn't try saying another word to me for the rest of the day, especially after some other guy from the shipping lanes came in for lunch break and tried shootin' the breeze with me for a little bit. He was younger, tan, and apparently was trying to hit on me (per Dilmore and Bryan's observations and how awkwardly this guy tried starting to talk to me). I didn't see it. Although, I'm so clueless that I still wouldn't know even if he was standing there with a bright BEACON light over the top of his head that flashed "INTERESTED IN TALKING TO YOU." Ha ha ha.

Anyway, moral of the story is: that's what you get when you try to puff yourself up to be someone big and fake - your dignity can get gashed open at any random careless second.

Poor poor Titan fleet vehicle. :(

No comments: