So Favre has started establishing himself at his new home out east in the Big Apple, playing for the New York Jets. I'm not going to regurgitate all of the media crap on here, because I am sure each of you out there have already read it for yourselves. Hell I wouldn't blame you if you stopped reading this post at this very minute, because you're all probably sick of hearing everyone else's mastermind opinions at this point.
Plus, I'm sick to my stomach and majorly depressed with all of this as it is, wondering and hoping that he won't fall in love with another team. I will always picture Favre as one of the Packers icons and I hope he doesn't become totally smitten with the Jets. I'm holding my breath that he'll come back to the Packers in some sort, some day. Either to officially enter the HOF as a Packer, or better yet, to come back as a coach or trainer.
I just have to say it's cool that I can roll around town here in Mississippi or open my mouth at work to make small-talk with all the locals, and immediately be greeted with a big hug and invitation to go grab a sandwich, because of ALL the places to be coming from as an outsider, I was coming from Wisconsin.
I realize that whole last paragraph was actually one loooong sentence, but it's my main point and I'm being a wuss by taking this all personally. Not only because of seeing how his home-state life is and embedding myself in it, but also through thinking back on my numerous years working with the Packer Organization. My first job was working as a janitor at Lambeau Field and honestly, not a day goes by when I think about that job, and fondly. It was probably THE coolest place to swab toilets, if you really had to have your arm twisted to swab toilets. Plus, that job taught me so much and molded me into who I am today.
Not sure how I feel about this particular walk down memory lane!! Take me back to 1997 when the Pack won the Superbowl and all was harmonic.
1 comment:
consider yourself lucky to be in MS and not here right now... some people are pissed as hell, and yet others are gleeful... it's a torn city. - amber
Post a Comment