For the longest time I've been writing here 'more to come,' and 'another post is on its way,' etc.
The post I had in mind was one to tell you about my last project at Nissan. I started it (and damn near finished it) all within the last week and a half at work. This project was so much fun, and truly struck a chord within me. I learned the most from it, and my supervisor and I mutually went "aw shucks" that neither of us thought about this project back in June when I first started.
My assignment was to put together a presentation board for Nissan's PQA engineers to bring to college classrooms and present what it's like to work for a car company. They wanted something 'cool,' something grabbing. We thought of mounting actual car parts to a presentation board and doing some sort of activity with them.
Enter: the idea to put together the entire electrical skeleton of a vehicle, from headlight to taillight, and neatly condense it down enough to fit onto a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood. YAY! I did this with a 2009 Nissan Altima.
My supervisor allowed me to take pictures of this, since all of the parts and skills I was using were already public knowledge. Anyone could grab these car parts and try to do what I was doing, since they were on cars that are already out in production, and not in the concept car stage.
Here are some pictures. Let me brag a second here about how easy and thrilling it actually was to just walk up to a shelf along any of our assembly lines and pull off any part I wanted to use in my Frankenstein skeleton. I could grab any part I wanted, out of any order, at any time, and no one could touch me or yell at me for threatening their job. Actually they'd think it was cool what I was doing.
Eat your heart out, UAW. Working in a non-union environment is truly an asset to a company's productivity.
Ahem, yeah. Pictures!
This project just pushed me all the more to want to tinker like I always do. But I can't now....I'm a slave to the system of homework one last time!!!! *Buries face into hands, cries*
I miss you, Nissan!!!! :)
I miss you, Nissan!!!! :)
1 comment:
I hope you miss me too! haha- amber
Post a Comment