I gotta throw out a quick CONGRATULATIONS to Trusko and Angela, who got married just about two weeks ago!! It has been 6 years, many semesters of college, hours of employment at McDonalds, and road trips back and forth all over Wisconsin and Upper Michigan to be together - but now they're settling in at their own place in Marshfield, Wisconsin. Awesome.
I have noticeably hit that age where everyone around me is getting married. Yes, there is Scott and Angela. And then there's Sarah and Joshua. And now Connie and Todd. There are dozens of other acquaintances that I know, whom are getting married.......but the latter two couples here, I am actually serving as a bridesmaid.
Twice now, within a matter of months, I have found myself standing in a changing room in some formalwear shop somewhere in Wisconsin, looking at myself in a mirror. I'm wearing yet another strapless Chiffon Sage dress - or is this one called 'Soft Stemmed Rose' and the other one was 'Chiffon Sage??' The dresses all run together, as I've slipped in and out of 16+ dresses in the past 35 minutes......
And each time I stand looking in the mirror, I cannot help but let my train of thought slide from focusing on if the dress is itching my underarms........to wondering when it will be MY turn to graduate from 'always a bridesmaid, never a bride'??
It's wedding season!
Let me just end this post though, with a head scratcher: I would have NO IDEA how to plan my own wedding! It's fun and informative, to help these other ladies with their big days. But me? I have never, ever been the girl who planned her wedding since she was a little girl. I never acted it out with my Barbie dolls. I never took my pillow case and pranced through my bedroom pretending it was a veil. I spent my time building my 'dream house' out of LEGOs and pushing Matchbox Cars across the living room floor.
And now, knowing how much is involved in planning a wedding and all of the PEOPLE it would be polite to invite - the thought of planning every single little detail intimidates me.
Maybe the little girl in me is finally popping out now, 20 years later --- but these are some of the things I think about at night.....
Regardless, please don't get the wrong impression. I'm stoked but also surprisingly calm and confident about the future. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment