Monday, July 27, 2009

Action-Packed August

Outside of feverishly counting down the days to October 1st when I get to (finally!) change departments at work (that's a whole other post - as it has been the hush-hush source of my stress and premature gray-hairing since May), I am excited for the month of August to come thrashing down upon us with its 'dog dayz' of heat.

This weekend, Zach comes to visit Ohio for the first time in, I believe, two months. He is driving down, to kindly deliver my bicycle so I have a new form of exercise other than going for my nightly jog after work. I am all smiles; I love biking. :-)

Next weekend, I travel back to Wisconsin (which I am limiting after dropping nearly $1,100 on supporting my friend's wedding in June back there) to attend the annual ALLEN FAMILY REUNION - my dad's side of the family.

I'm stoked.

Our family isn't quite like other families. I mean, it is HUGE and loud and people are always getting themselves into something as it is with most other families - but we manage to stay pretty tight-knit even though we cover the States in a pretty wide-sprawling net. We religiously have a family reunion every August, and it is FAR above lame.

It's actually like a Polish wedding. It lasts for 2 1/2 days and people eat as much food as they can, camp out, have lots of bonfires, backyard volleyball, and talk like armchair politicians from their collapsible lawn chairs. It's awesome, and quite honestly, a riot. Personally, the Allen Family Reunion is one of the highlights of my summer.

So I return for that - as well as introduce Zachary to the family for the first time through this. (Eeek! Break him in the hard way!) Of course, we are only able to make it for one day, because that night we are driving up to Appleton to see my very own PUDDLE OF MUDD in concert.

C'mon, what would a summer be for Ashley, without seeing Puddle live at LEAST once??? I lost count, but I think this is the fifth time I'll have seen them in concert? Tee hee hee.

They are currently recording a new album - which means they'll be debuting some of their never-before-heard songs at the concert!!! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! It is supposed to be a smaller venue too...so maybe I'll be able to meet the band again after the show?!? *Crosses fingers*

The weekend after the reunion + rock concert, Zach flies back to Ohio to visit me so we can tour the All Ohio Balloon Fest - it's a hot air balloon festival at the county airport here! I have been hearing about this ever since I moved to town, and I SO BADLY want to go. I'm campaigning to get my first hot air balloon ride there. I'll tell anyone that will listen to me - even ask the Checkered Flag oil change guys who I rattled this all off to today while getting the Beetle's oil changed! :-P

After these three weekends pass, August will be well sizzled and chewed up, settling down into September. I'm sure that so much can happen between now and then - both with weekend explorations, as well as strange encounters at work in the Weld Department during the weeks. Hmmmmm.....

No comments: