Anyway, to celebrate - as I felt horrible for missing her ceremony because the day of her graduation was the day of my friend's wedding, and now, I live so far away that we don't get to "bond" - I made her a poster out of sentences of advice for starting college.
However, I tried to make it fun, and used candy bars and candies, to help spell out the sentences...take a look!
In case you cannot clearly read the poster (as always, click the picture for a bigger view), I can retype it here. Please note, anything in italics is a candy of some sort!
Extra!! Extra!! Brittany’s graduating!!
Dear Brittany ~ I know this might get some Snickers, but I have some advice for you as you go to college. First, I am very proud of you, you have worked very hard to get where you are, and you’ve stayed a Sweetart while achieving it all.
2nd, never listen to any Airheads that call you a Nerds for all the studying you do. They will be jealous when you Skor it big and make 100 Grand. So, even when it gets tough, keep your sights on the big PayDay. All your hard work will be worth it. ☺
3rd, be careful what you eat in the cafeteria, or you’ll get the Hersheys.
4th, if you sleep on the top bunk, use extra caution, so you don’t Rolo out of it.
5th, watch how much snacking you do while late-night studying or the Freshman 15 will creep on and you’ll get a Jelly Belly.
6th, make sure you get Good & Plenty of rest.
7th, don’t do any underage drinking, or you might dance the Mamba like a crazy fool.
8th, there will be times when your professors give you Mounds of work and you’ll think they’re absolutely Goobers.
9th, as your brain gets fried, Whatchamacallit will become a common phrase.
Finally, make sure you Take 5 every now and then and enjoy watching the Hot Tamales around you.
And remember, anytime you need to talk to someone, there will be 3 Musketeers back home who would love to talk with you.
Love, Ashley & Zach
1 comment:
Cute idea! Yes, I believe Ashley and Erin are friends. And I think your usage of "whom" is correct. There are just some grammar hang-ups that get me all the time, too. :)
Post a Comment