Seems like I'll be anywhere BUT in school during the month of November.........!
I've been trying to negotiate my work schedule with my supervisor all day today because of my checkerboard plans. I'm half stressed about it, half thrilled about it - mainly because I live for this kind of stuff and uber-involvement. :)
I found out today I'm spending my election day voting via absentee ballot (even after taking the time to register in Milwaukee at the apartment I'm living in with Heidi for a mere 2 more months), because I'll be spending the election day in OHIO doing an interview for a major automotive manufacturer. I had a phone interview with them two days ago, thought I tanked it, but musta put a spell on them so much that they only took a day and a half before they wanted to call me back and set up an on-site interview. :)
Alas, next weekend I'll spend my Saturday with Zach working on a ProE project, go to class on Monday to take a Linguistics midterm that I've had to reschedule three times now, run from class to get on a city bus to take me from campus to downtown Milwaukee, where upon I'll board a coach bus, ride the coach bus to Chicago, get on a plane in Chicago to fly to Columbus, OH....get myself a rental car to drive to East Liberty, OH for the interview, sleep in a hotel somewhere, get up the next morning for an interview and tour, have lunch, tour the city a little bit, then drive back to Columbus, get on a plane back to Chicago, take the bus from Chicago to Milwaukee to Sonja's house for the night, go to bed, get up on Wednesday morning with her to hop on a plane to fly to Baltimore, Maryland, and spend 5 days there touring a national career fair and attending SWE (Society of Women Engineer) meetings. I'm also trying my hand at applying to Schneider National somewhere in there, too, since my gut-check still thinks I'm happily going to end up there after all of this hoo-hah is said and done.
I fly back in on late Sunday, November 7th, and the whirlwind subsides for a week and a half....muahahaha, how is THAT for the longest run-on sentence in a blog, ever? (Angela, as an English major reading this, I think I just gave you a gold mine!)
Weeks later, I find a trip back to Green Bay for the weekend, two days of class, and then some sort of Thanksgiving travel with Joe's family and my family being on opposite sides of the state of WI.
After that...the Christmas and graduation rushes begin....oy!!
Who needs class and homework when you can run around like a crazed headless chicken?! :)
1 comment:
I think your crazy travels require nothing less than a really long run-on sentence. lol Good luck ;)
Post a Comment