Graduation information for UW-Milwaukee's December ceremony can be found here. The ceremony date is Sunday, December 21st - 2 PM - yay!!
I will be participating in this ceremony, as well as an exclusive Order of the Engineer ceremony the day before.
Anyone interested to come and see me graduate?? My graduating friends and I have some ideas up our sleeves to pull off for the ceremonies. :) Last semester I was actually called in to present at the microphone at the Order of the Engineer ceremony and I loved it. I am going to apply to do it again this year, and it'd be nice to have an audience to watch my crew and I take our oath to practice as ethical engineers.
Interested readers: inquire via email with me: amullmer@gmail.com. I can think of a few people I'd love love love to invite, but I'm too chicken because I recognize a drive to Milwaukee is a bit far. I leave the ball in all y'alls court!
Alas, the more, the merrier!! No tickets necessary and no limit on guest count, even though it is posted online somewhere that there's a limit of 7 guests per graduate. I've been to several ceremonies and that has never been enforced - and there's a LOT of leftover seats as it is.
It's bound to be a nice time and it'd be exciting (for me at least) for my Milwaukee folks to meet my Green Bay folks. Unfortunately, no Mississippi folks will be there. :(
Here's my graduation checklist so far...
1) I've ordered my cap and gown for graduation day.
2) I have a silver stole to wear on behalf of my Honors College enrollment. This will help pick me out from the entire floor of graduates in this arena.
3) Sonja and I hunted down our Tau Beta Pi Engineering honor society stoles to wear with our gowns, so now with two stoles, I can be picked out a step further. ;)
4) I am expecting my gold honors cords from the Secretary of the University to wear for graduating with a pretty healthy GPA. Again, a way to pick me out from the rest of the decorated graduates out there. I'll basically be dolled up to look like a walking Christmas tree. But I worked hard for it, and it'll be a proud day. :)
Alright, enough tooting my own horn - kindly give this all some consideration. Thanks!

1 comment:
Exciting that the day is finally coming!! I wish your graduation was just a little bit later, though! I'm flying in to Green Bay on the 24th to visit home for a spell, but looks like I'll be just days late of being able to join you... :( Unless you can convince the college to hold graduation on Christmas?? lol
Here's some (very) early congratulations to send along in my place: Congrats!
Post a Comment