Yesterday when we were idling in traffic she plain ol' shut down on me. I still had battery power, since my radio and air conditioning continued to function without interruption...so I simply turned the ignition off, turned it back on again, and all was good as long as I made sure the car was always moving. It was at stand stills where she just wanted to puke.
I promptly brought her in for some emergency surgery, so-to-speak, last night and through the day today. The dealer down here was not able to look at her last night, but they kept her hospitalized anyway and gave me a rental car to use.......I am thankful that I was able to pick her up out of recovery tonight. It felt really bad climbing into her smelling like another car! But, they gave her a bath and vacuumed up her insides, good as new as well as all fixed up.
There was a la-ha-ha-HOT of horrible service involved and I feel bad for my mom being dragged into this with helping me make phone calls to make sure the service guys here got up off of their butts to work on my car. (Quote from one of my mom's emails: "Hellooo??? Should I also have told them to stop looking at it and open the hood?") Ha ha!
Let's just say I sorely miss Brandon at Broadway Automotive in Green Bay, where the Beetle has her medical records (gotta keep that metaphor running!).
And always the car buff, I figured to share with you the little beeler rental car I had to pay for, to use today. I had Mississippi license plates for a day!
I have to admit, this rental was pretty fun to drive. She had quite a lot of zip to her, even if she sounded like a grinding go-cart. :) Of course I drove my frustrations out on her; I can tell how much power has been injected into a 4-cylinder engine over the years, with comparing this 2008 Focus 4-cyl to my 1998 4-cyl.
Had the Beetle starting coughing up nearer to the Nissan plant, I would have turned around and driven one of our fleet vehicles for free (perks of being an employee) as my 'rental' car. Alas, I was down in the city of Jackson, alone, so I had to suck it up and pay for a rental since the rental store was close-by and there were fewer stop signs or red lights to coast right on through for fear of the Beetle puking again. Going into today, I made sure to cut that and utilize my Nissan connections. I had a SOUPED UP Altima checked out for me to drive tonight in case this all dragged on for another day. Brand new, red, sunroof again, leather, touch-screen navigation, all stacked to the nines. *Insert sigh here*
However, the sun has gone down on another day and I ended up not needing the Altima rental. I stopped by the dealership tonight to check on the Beetle and she was ready for a test drive. All is OK for now, and the Beetle is back under my motherly care. The World of Ashley is whole again.
P.S. Many thanks to Mom for putting up with being hung up on/put on hold/ignored, Erik for signing off on my renting the Altima, and Bryan for going to the dealership with me tonight to make sure no one jerked me around anymore! Y'all helped me fight the corporate fist today and I owe each of you lunch!!!
Had the Beetle starting coughing up nearer to the Nissan plant, I would have turned around and driven one of our fleet vehicles for free (perks of being an employee) as my 'rental' car. Alas, I was down in the city of Jackson, alone, so I had to suck it up and pay for a rental since the rental store was close-by and there were fewer stop signs or red lights to coast right on through for fear of the Beetle puking again. Going into today, I made sure to cut that and utilize my Nissan connections. I had a SOUPED UP Altima checked out for me to drive tonight in case this all dragged on for another day. Brand new, red, sunroof again, leather, touch-screen navigation, all stacked to the nines. *Insert sigh here*
However, the sun has gone down on another day and I ended up not needing the Altima rental. I stopped by the dealership tonight to check on the Beetle and she was ready for a test drive. All is OK for now, and the Beetle is back under my motherly care. The World of Ashley is whole again.
P.S. Many thanks to Mom for putting up with being hung up on/put on hold/ignored, Erik for signing off on my renting the Altima, and Bryan for going to the dealership with me tonight to make sure no one jerked me around anymore! Y'all helped me fight the corporate fist today and I owe each of you lunch!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment