Sunday, July 06, 2008

Favre's House

Joe and I drove down to Biloxi on the Mississippi Gulf Coast to spend our holiday weekend there. There have not been many 4th of Julys up north that can rival spending it the way I just did. I was right on the beach, sniffing the ocean breezes and walking through sand while looking at the palm trees lining all of the sidewalks and boulevards, listening to music play from walk-through restaurants and people laughing and enjoying themselves all up and down the strip. :)

We traveled from my abode in Madison, MS along MS-49 through Hattiesburg in order to get to Biloxi.

As a few of you may know, Brett Favre's full-time home is in Hattiesburg, MS, not far from his alma-mater, University of Southern Miss (which I later drove by and saw the very field Favre used to play on in college).

Prior to this trip, I figured that since I was driving through Hattiesburg as it was to get to my destination, what was another 6 or 7 miles off of the beaten path to pull onto Favre's territory? I've come so far, just to be so close - go for it, you know? I can state that I've made my pilgrimage!!

I staked out his home on the internet via satellite imagery, and used Joe's and my Garmin by ground, to actually pull the Beetle into his driveway.

Aerial footage of Brett Favre's house

I found his house with no difficulties, and got about as far into his property as I figured I would: to the wrought-iron fence that was electronically locked at the mouth of his driveway.

I still took a few pictures for you....take a look at what playing 17 years in the NFL for 257 consecutive starts will offer you for a living!

Just pulling up into his driveway.

Same picture, just closer...this is as far as we got...to the locked gate with the pager on the post to the left. Notice the 'F' engraved atop the fence...F for Favre!

What rich man's landscaping looks like - the palm bushes surrounding Favre's gate. Much more beautiful and pristine in person and from the Beetle's driver's seat. :)

Favre's mailboxes

Fence that runs around the perimeter of Favre's 52.5-acre spread.

Highway MS-98 eastbound, just after turning off of Favre's driveway and heading back into the main drag in Hattiesburg.

I love having an ever-thirsty adventurous side! I've always got to be getting myself into something...even IF my hands were shaking as I was taking these pictures, because I was so freaked that Favre's security was going to come out and yell at us. I'm such a pushover! Mission accomplished though! :)

Now let's see if his recently publicized "itch to play" will become anything more..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha... well if you were in GB right now, I am thinking you wouldn't hear about anything else... Favre is the topic on everyone's minds now... in fact I guess, they just put up signs along some of the local highways praising a hopeful comeback... I mean they are like giant billboards, it's crazy. This should be interesting. That's all I have to say. - amber