Monday, April 02, 2007

Snapfish pisses me off.

I finally caved in and coughed up the dough to get my 766 photos from my study-abroad trip to Germany developed via Snapfish.

I attempted to order an album of photos to be printed and for me to pick up, instead of having to pay shipping & have them shipped to me.

When I chose a location to have the photos picked up, a location was successfully found. However, when I went to "Check Out" on the website, an error message popped up claiming that the location was unavailable and I must pick a new location. ????

No link was offered for me to go back to pick a new location. I just had to click the 'back' button, which was risky since it does not update my account and shopping cart as I'd move to fix anything up.

Thinking I had never ordered the pick-up album since it came up with an error message, I figured to start all over and just order the same album online to have printed and *shipped* to me, instead of me going to pick it up.

I placed the order, but 31 of my 766 photos needed to be re-sized because of my digital camera. I clicked to get them re-sized (for free), and then moved to check out.

Apparently Snapfish thought I only wanted the 31 photos, and not all 766. So it sent in an order to print only 31 photos and ship them to me.


BUT, when I went back in to look at my account, the first order that I had planned for pick-up, went through after all.

So I was charged $154.27 even though I was given an error message and told to re-place the order.

And I was charged $6.52 for a half-filled order. All because of Snapfish's defunct website, faulty links, and failure to refresh their site correctly.


I tried to cancel the orders, but the website's policy states
"Unfortunately, we cannot cancel or adjust any mail or online orders. If you believe that you've placed an order in error, please email or contact us through the customer service page, and let us know which email address you use to log in to Snapfish."

I followed policy, and e-mailed to have BOTH orders cancelled since I was getting screwed out of like $60 AND had a duplicate of 31 photos.

I got this canned response today:

"Due to the amount of automation in the order-fulfillment process, it is not possible for us to cancel or modify any order once it has been submitted online.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue to choose Snapfish for your photo processing needs."



So now I'm stuck with $160 worth of photos. I guess I can wait to receive the shipment AND go pick up the first order, and then request a refund or return. But, I'll probably lose all the money I wanted to save in the first place, by paying for shipping to get the parcels back to Snapfish.

Snapfish, you suck. You screwed me out of money even though I did nothing wrong. I just tried to follow your website, which is apparently mildly retarded.

Now, you can kiss my shiny hiny. I doubt I will be bringing my business back to you anytime soon.

If you value me as a customer, you better value that.

No comments: