Sunday, April 15, 2007

Comatose

At least you'd think that's what I've been for the past two weeks.

But really, I've just been entirely too busy. :)

And yes, exhausted from being so busy. I had to ban myself from taking naps this week, because any time I'd lay down to take even just a smidgen of a nap, just a half hour, a harmless half hour...BOOM, I'd conk out and wake up four hours later (Monday), or an hour and a half later (Thursday).

Whoops.


To curb that, last night I went to bed at 7:30 PM and woke up today at 1 PM.

17 1/2 hours of sleep, babaayy!! I feel like a million bucks now.


Don't get me wrong, this past week I hauled ass and got a lot of things done. I had three midterms, a quiz, a project, three meetings, and eight sets of legal paperwork to rifle through with Sonja to get ready to go before the UWM Senate Appropriations Committee and ask for funds to send our chapter of SWE to the Nashville, TN national conference in October. Woo woo!!!

It's a big deal. We'll be leaving on a Wednesday and returning on a Sunday, so I have to take off one day of class (I only have classes Monday through Wednesday next semester, yay!). There's a 2-day career fair there with 1,000+ vendors...BIG NAMERS, too. Let's just say Sonj landed her internship with GM by scoring an on-the-spot interview there last year and wowing the tighty-whitey company with her confidence and sheer knowledge. I am proud of her!! She leaves in four weeks to work for them for the summer in Mansfield, OH.

Anyway, there's all these seminars and CEO speakers from big companies (this year's keynote is from Honeywell), board meetings, techincal tours of factories in the industrial hub of Nashville, and huge banquet hall breakfasts, lunches, and dinners where you are forced to mingle with others and build your power connections.

I'ma saving up money already to buy some very professional attire for this five-day fiasco! :)

And the prep-work is all working out swell so far!! Sonj and I got the paperwork turned in on Friday, over Easter my mom hemmed my new black dress pants with silver pinstripes so I can be all dolled up for the Senate speech, and we even got the advertising kit for the '07 conference UPSed to our office on Friday. I am excited!


---------------------------------------------------
This year is such a big one for me!!! I LOVE IT.


I start it off with going to my dream country Germany, then I land an internship (my college goals are 99% complete!!), I go to Florida for spring break, I'm going to Nashville for the conference, and as of late, my parents are planning to take my brother and I to New York City over the Independence Day four-day-weekend to celebrate his birthday/high school graduation, since it is a place he has always fantasized about visiting.

Totally slick!!


I guess I'm balking and digging my heels into the ground, though, because it's gonna be hard to make every year for the rest of my life as good as this one. I love it and don't really want things to change!

YAY life, keep it coming!!! :)

No comments: