Ohio has been an excellent
home for me. Specifically, I love my job.
It's been an up and down year -- both at work and in my personal life -- but work has been expressly demanding of my attention. My auto plant (East Liberty Plant) decided it was a brilliant idea to launch TWO full-model change vehicles within 6 months of each other. Yeah. Everyone is, consequentially, working at breakneck speeds and spending a lot of overtime trying to catch everything and meet our demand to build cars for American Honda Co. They need to put new cars on their dealership lots overnight. Last month we sold more cars than we built. Eat your heart out, Big Three!
First, we launched our bread-and-butter Honda CR-V. Don't dismiss. Sales numbers show it has been the #1 SUV for several years. We could have kept building the previous model for probably another 2 or 3 years, and it would still keep selling. Here is the new one we launched, between Thanksgiving and Christmas:
Today, TODAY, we launch vehicle #2, which was also entirely new for our plant. They moved it from the Marysville Auto Plant (MAP) to my East Liberty Plant (ELP). It is the Acura RDX, and I am very curious to see how it will do:
I am on night shift this week helping support launching this puppy on their shift.
First week of mass pro + night shift = Perfect Storm.
I see a few days of working until 5 AM in my future. Eep!
Now, setting aside all my arrogance about How Honda is So Awesome, I have to give my heart out to my coworkers. They are remarkable.
My coworkers have been incredibly supportive,
funny, and charming, to help me through this year. I kind of feel like
I am Jack and the Beanstalk, and my Honda family members are my magic beans.
I am happy and no matter how crazy work has been with these model
launches, downtime, overtime, line calls, etc., I still manage to drive
home cracking up and smiling, rethinking through my day. Nice!


1 comment:
I like the pic of the first vehicle! Rawr. I am awaiting patiently for my letter to hear what you have been up to lately my dear. I am always so amazed at your life - it far exceeds the excitement or awe in mine. And you're always living it in turbo speed. :) - Amber
Post a Comment