Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Va va voom!

It was my 22nd birthday on Sunday (the 23rd, yay!) and although I had a head-cold to help me celebrate it, I sure had a birthday worth remembering. :)

I went back home to Green Bay with my best friend from college, Sonja, so she could meet the fam. It all went so well!! We had a blast, and Sonj fit in so well with everyone. Plus, while she and I were in Green Bay, Joe spent Saturday with her husband Craig in Madison, at the Badgers football game. The four of us double-date often, but this weekend we split couples.

However, when I returned to Milwakee on Sunday mid-day, Joe had plenty of surprises for me. He took me out to supper and then let me stay at his apartment so he could take care of me and my ailing health. Yay!

But, here is what my honey-honey gifted me for my big day!


All I could do when I read the t-shirt was throw my head back and guffaw, because it was so true about my personality. I'm always gabbing on the phone with Sonj, or shootin the breeze with the E371 crew up in our study lounge! Joe teases me about it, and here is a shirt that explains it all.

But oooh, what is this?? Must we zoom in closer?? Look at the neckline of the shirt? Hell yes!!! You will see a white gold chain with one prestigious ornament: alternating rubies and diamonds hanging down!! I received my first set of diamonds!!!

Joe explained that the rubies were intended to represent my favorite color, red. I wear it all the time, "in honor of my Beetle," as my slogan goes. So now, I can wear it all the time. AND feel like a total princess. Thank you, sweetie!

Let's take a closer look, shall we??


:D Every day is just something new with this man!




P.S. There was a new addition to our Ullmer family over my birthday weekend, thanks to Dad. More to come on that one, because I am waiting to get back home and take pictures of her.

Let's just say she has four wheels, a power-dropdown rooftop, 270 horsepower, and so much throwback coming off the line that she is right up there with Porsches and smaller Ferraris. :)

No comments: