Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hee hee hee!

It was Joe's birthday on Monday and he turned 25. For his birthday, I bought him 24 little gifts, each one being a prank gift or symbol of different things he and I have shared with each other in the past 4.5 months of dating.

The theme was "25 gifts for Joe's 25th birthday." After all, he just turned a quarter of a century old!! ;)

Alas, the grand finale gift, gift #25, was something I was really excited about: I bought him four front-row tickets to see Rascal Flatts in Chicago. The Flatts are Joe's all time favorite band!! He has always, always, always wanted to go see them, and now he can! And he can take along any three people he wants. Anyone! Happy Birthday!!!!!




The funniest part was Megan's and my coordination of these 24 honking gifts: I had Megan arrange the gifts as a trail on the floor just like out of a movie where they strew rose petals. I wrapped and numbered the gifts, and while Joe was driving me home from class, she set them out to wind back into my bedroom by my desk, where gift #25 was hiding. Joe came up to my apartment with me, opened the door, and WHAM! had to start unwrapping:


Muahahahaha! I suppose he wasn't kidding when he commented that no one has ever done this for him before??? :-)

No comments: