From the Green Bay Press Gazette....
When U.S. 41 is reclassified as an interstate highway, some area leaders hope it will be renamed Interstate 55.
On Monday the Howard Village Board will look at a resolution supporting the reclassification to I-55, which runs from New Orleans to the south side of Chicago, connecting through Memphis, Tenn., and St. Louis.
Read the rest of the story here....
-------------------------------------
Interesting news! I personally express interest in this because I-55 is the very interstate I lived off of this summer in Mississippi - it's home of Nissan, baby!! :) All those times exiting off of Gluckstadt Road (or as Dad called it, "German Chicken Road") and Nissan Parkway....it sure would be a helluva lot easier now to tell my Mississippi friends how to get to Green Bay or Milwaukee to come visit me, when I visit myself now! (Hee hee, did that just make sense?)
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment