Sunday, February 01, 2009

Long-lost Golden Nugget

So, somewhere in my move-in process from WI to OH, while listening to music and packing up my entire life's worth of clothing into a slew of about....14 suitcases.... :) ....I stumbled across this song that I know my brother will be so proud I am about to post on my blog.

Nonpoint - "Alive and Kicking"



I have always loved this song, it really gets my blood pumping. My brother will vouch for me when he says that is "Ashley's jogging song," or the song I credit for being probably THE BEST one to listen to when you first get up and out the door to go and exercise. There have been many, many summer days I remember with my earbuds plugged into my head, this song blaring, as I rounded Stewart's hill on Brookhills Drive out by my house - I always hated that hill for being the FIRST cross-country obstacle I had to cross along my jogging route. But, this song always got me through it. (And I'd always return from the jogging route bragging to my brother to try the song himself - hence his vouching power.)

The song gets your adrenaline up and running for that first five, horrible, awkward minutes of exercising where you feel so sluggish and hate yourself for doing this to your body, but know you've got to take care of yourself. Yeah...."Alive and Kicking" cures that lag and lights a fire under your butt.

Due to recent events in my life, I can totally, totally relate to the lyrics. Enjoy the music video - I think I will go jogging now, actually - muahahaha. :)

No comments: