Sunday, December 14, 2008

Views on auto aid fall on North-South divide

I think the article hyperlinked to the text below is the one that currently explains my stance and emotions on this whole automotive bailout to a T (!!!).

I am so disgusted by the actions of the Big Three and the UAW. And I am not relating to this article just because it interviews my former Nissan family (GO SMYRNA, yaaaay!!). I completely, completely see the argument for earn-your-piece-get-your-piece in this article.

Now that I'm punching out to permanently live on my own, I refuse to buy (nor park) anything UAW-built in my garage. Ever.

--------------------------------------------------------

SMYRNA, Tenn. - People in this small town surrounding one of Nissan's busiest U.S. car plants have followed the news of the auto bailout with particular interest.

Namely, they wonder, what about us?

Nissan is a Japanese automaker, but the Altimas, Maximas and Pathfinders that roll out of the factory are built by locals who are "Americans too," they like to point out. And just like the other automakers, Nissan is inflicting some of the economic pain on its employees, cutting shifts and pay.

No comments: