It dates back to June 2006 when my grandpa (Dad's dad) taught me how to drive a manual transmission on his tractor. He let me tool all around their yard right there in Howard and I remember this photo was being taken as he was trying to describe the gears to me, before I ever even got started; he was sweet enough to grab a black permanent marker to mark up and outline the numbering of the gears on the tractor's console for me. I remember freaking out saying, "Oh Grandpa you don't have to do that! You don't have to write on the tractor, that's permanent!"
He replied with an "Aw hell I'll just paint over it! I've got a matching can of paint in the garage."
Phew. :)
I just think it's a cool picture - old tractor with the baby Beetle pictured in the background. Plus it's Grandpa!! One of my most favorite men in the world. I am so stoked he is coming for graduation in two (count 'em - TWO!) days down here in Milwaukee.
....I take my FINAL final tonight....yikes! Oh and P.S. Dan Beller....hope you like reading & grading a 26 page paper about optimizing the dimensions of a bicycle brake caliper...muahahahaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment