Thursday, September 04, 2008

Quality of a College Education

True story: this is the first week back on campus, back to school, and the fliers are already going up to advertise the first club meetings of the year.


Laugh all you want at what a college education lands students nowadays. I found this real flier hanging all over the engineering building today. The first time I read it, I absolutely laughed out loud and plucked one off the wall to bring home and scan for you all:


Notice what I circled in red? Do you recall what HPV in the real world stands for? (If not click on the link I just provided you – male readers tell your women, female readers tell yourself.)


Underlined here in red is what this club was hoping ‘HPV’ would stand for, but needless to say they missed the boat! Instead of designing a human-powered vehicle, this flier makes me think they’re farming for human-produced cervical cancer. Faux pas! I have half a mind of showing up to this meeting merely to suggest they change the acronym they are using for this little project. Tee hee hee.


No comments: