Monday, April 14, 2008

SWE Website

I should also surface this cool accomplishment from this semester: I designed a website.

Not bad for a manufacturing engineer to pull off, eh??

I have no web-building experience, and I pulled that all together with remembering as much as possible from my C++ class I took about two years ago, along with Googling a few things. (Funny how my generation turned that company name into a verb!)

Although, I must also hand MAD PROPS to Scott for helping me brush up the site and showing me this really approachable program, SSH Secure Shell Client, which helped me transfer and save a few graphics to my website's spot on the server. Scott also helped me out with a few web-etiquette things with matching font and consistency with orders of links. Martha Stewart would be pleased as a peach to see how organized and tucked away he and I made this site. Thanks, Bud!

Happy spring - and congratulations to SWE at UWM and their no-longer-skeletal, updated website.

:)

No comments: